Sunday, June 21, 2009

Video of the Rain from our Apartment

Here is a video Joe took of the Monsoon rains from our apartment.  I think this is a hard thing to capture on video - the video does not do it justice.  It is something you must be there to really experience.  The sky above you just unleashes and the rain comes down in sheets all at once.  It dries up quite quickly due to the heat here.  It usually only lasts 30 minutes though one day it lasted a good hour and we were stuck outside in it - completely drenched.  The rain flooded the streets within minutes and it was up past my ankles.  Mom said to get a bigger umbrella - I think the only thing that would have protected me from the rain that day was if I was enclosed in a bubble - no umbrella - no matter the size - would have protected me from getting drenched.  You can always tell when it is coming - you'll see a few dark clouds rolling in and then there will be a breeze - if this happens - get inside quickly!  Anyhow - enjoy the video!  


No comments:

Post a Comment