Friday, March 12, 2010

Hmmmm Who Reads My Blog?

Hmmmm who reads my blog? Apparently only my cousin Megan as she is the ONLY one to have picked up on an interesting little fact that was slipped into my last posting on the activity in Bangkok. Did anyone else pick up on the fact of which I mentioned going to an ultrasound and having genetic screening for the baby this week? I told Megan either she is the only one reading my blog or the rest of you are clueless and it flew right over your heads! Haha. So yes, we saw the doctor this week and had an ultrasound and the first genetic screening test that is required for "elderly mothers" as they call them here (aka Advanced Maternal Age in the US). Our results came back great though they never tell you that you are 100% safe from downs but our numbers were really really good. And so the science experiment continues and baby bpuu continues to grow. He/She apparently has pop pops genes as the doc told us the baby was really long for it's age and they moved my due date by 6 days as a result! I go back in four weeks for another genetic screening test and ultrasound.

Other news - Joe and I are looking into going to Tokyo for a week in April. We have a good friend that lives there and he departs this summer to return to the US. We want to visit him before we lose our free place to stay! We had a great plan for our R&R trip in June to Europe with lots of stops but we are going to rethink all our running around now and maybe not make as many stops - gotta work on that this weekend and get it all scheduled.

Apparently the protestors arrive today - some 10,000 trucks piling into the city with them all. This will be interesting. Joe called from the train on the way into work and said there are at least 50 officers posted at an intersection near the park as that is one of the demonstration sites and they seem to be setting up there. A friend mentioned that there were officers posted at her train stop near where she lives. Joe says all else seems peaceful and calm outside and is just like any other day in Bangkok. Perhaps this won't be as bad as everyone is expecting?
Time will tell but I am still hunkered down at home staying away from all the activity!

3 comments:

  1. First off... I read your blog... AND your e-mails... AND your facebook updates. I did not read that last post, however, (for the first time EVER) because I already read like one or two emails about the political unrest and so I figured I already knew what you had to say!

    Second... I have a few questions for you. Like, OMG when are you due? When did this happen? Are you over the moon excited? And so much more.

    Third... I just really want to hug you {{albeit a virtual hug}} and say Congratulations!

    Fourth... yes, you can name the baby after me if it is a girl!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I opened the blog but then was quickly called away by one of the boys. Before I jumped up, I did skim to see if you mentioned the baby, but I was looking for an obvious grand announcement. When I didn't see it, I hopped up planning to fully read it later. Too funny! Congrats again! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and Joe.

    Ours will arrive any day now.

    Mary and I do read your blog and emails, but not always in real-time. As foreign affairs junkies, we appreciate the news and the effort that you put into your 1st person reporting.

    ReplyDelete