Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wat Pho, Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace

One Sunday we decided to finally go see the Grand Palace and a few nearby Temples.  My pictures are a little out of order and I apologize for this but I combined some of Joe's pics with mine and now they are all jumbled up!  It was blazing hot - especially at the Grand Palace.  We got haggled a few times by the tuk tuk's and taxi's trying to tell us that the Grand Palace was closed but we successfully ignored them.  I am not sure how others fall for this trap - especially those that live here and know better as they were NOT THAT convincing.  We had a great time. My favorite of all was the reclining buddha at Wat Pho.  The emerald buddha at Wat Phra Kaew was nice but so small and you were not allowed to take pictures of it inside so it was very difficult to get a good picture.  Enjoy!

The Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew - we were outside taking this picture through a window.

The Grand Palace - not too shabby.  The woman to the left started jumping around trying to mess up Joe's picture - we thought he had taken it without her in it but no such luck.  Why do people gotta be like that?  

I really like these little guys and their expressions as they are holding up the structures.  I think I make a similar face when lifting weights during my workout with Khun Mike!!!  And my face is usually either a beet red or purple color rather than blue or white!  


Golden guards...



There my little people are again holding up the structure!

They had one of these guys with a monk bowl for each day of the week.  Some days were repeated which was odd.  I think these guys have been in the sun too long - they are starting to peel!  


A green guard - don't mess with anyone who is green!  



A close up of one of the peeling statues and the monk bowl for Saturday.  




I thought the colors on this were really pretty!



This is inside the reclining buddha at Wat Pho.  Here people make merit in each of the monk bowls.

Merit in the monk bowls.....

Thai soldiers....

The reclining buddha at Wat Pho.

The reclining buddha has well manicured toes!

Another reclining buddha shot....

Another angle of the reclining buddha.

A peak through the pillars to capture the face of the reclining buddha!

I think buddha is smiling in this picture!


Me at the reclining buddha!

The river taxi ride - this house is for rent if anyone is interested!

Another shot along the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment